Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fourth of July Place Card Holders

I love place cards, but the only time I seem to use them are on formal occasions. So I decided to change things up and create some place cards that can be used at a casual 4th of July celebration. And given the fact that the 4th is only days away, each of these ideas is super easy to make - I promise.


Idea #1: Pinwheel Holders - Not only were these place card holders easy to make, the materials cost next to nothing! I found these adorable miniature pinwheels at one of the dollar stores - yes, all three pinwheels for just $1. I then created the name templates on the computer and attached them to the pinwheels using hot glue...easy!




Idea #2: Fruit Market Style Holders - I stumbled across these miniature colanders at a discount store and thought they would make adorable place card holders. Who knew that pint-sized colanders even existed? And in patriotic colors no less! Just create a small sign with the guest's name and add fruit - they're done.




Idea #3: Sand Art Holder - Last week my kids brought home the coolest sand art projects and I knew I had to try it. For this place card holder I simply filled a glass container with red, white and blue sand. And you won't believe how easy it was to create the "etched" name on the glass. Here's how - place sticker letters directly on to the glass and then lightly apply clear spray paint over it. Once it's dry, remove the stickers. That's it - my new favorite technique!



Hope you have a fantastic 4th of July holiday!

2 comments:

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

oh my gosh -- are these cute!! I love the colander ones -- that is just adorable! And the jars are perfect! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Thanks Amanda! I can't wait to visit your blog too!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com